Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Chicks Challenge #7: Paper Piecing


Hello everyone, Susan here. My apologies for being a day late. Kids home from school, in-laws due here any day and a computer crash has kept me busy. But I hope that the projects I created for this challenge inspire you.

This week's challenge is Paper Piecing. I absolutely love to stamp my images onto patterned paper! It can give it a fresh and new life. PTI's Die have made paper piecing much, much easier than cutting out by hand. I only own the butterfly die, so the rest of my images were done old school. ;) But I find cutting very therapeutic so I don't mind.



My first paper piecing project is a cute little baby card. I stamped the bear onto some October Afternoon paper and cut him out. Next, I stamped the sentiment onto the same paper and added a button. A few more layers here and there, some ribbon and viola. Done. Took me no time at all!


Next I thought I'd whip out a quick 3x3 card using PTI's Bitty Dots Paper. I stamped the largest Dahlia onto it, cut it out, then adhered it to the card and added a sentiment. Talk about quick! When I have some free time I'm going to make five more in varying colors to make a complete set.


Since those two cards came out so nicely and quickly, I decided to throw together a scrapbook page. I've been wanting to get back into it so I thought this was just the perfect excuse. But boy do I feel rusty!! I wasn't sure where to start. I knew that I wanted to scrap about my daughter's room since the paint is an exact match for Hawaiian Shores. And I wanted to use the Butterflies from Butterfly Dreams. So I started die cutting and stamping the butterflies again using the PTI Bitty Dots Paper. I stamped the title onto some white twill ribbon, adhered the pictures. I added a paper pieced Dahlia flower, the journaling block and buttons.


So now you can see how paper piecing adds a nice touch to your projects without a lot of work involved. I hope you have fun if you decide to try out this challenge!

2 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird on June 24, 2010 at 7:49 PM said...

Oooh, I love paper piecing and do it all the time!

Deb Neerman on June 30, 2010 at 11:58 AM said...

Fabulous challenge, thanks!

 

Term of Use

Papertrey Chicks Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Blogger Template Gallery Flower Image by Dapino


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates