Monday, May 3, 2010

Challenge #1: Bright zingy colors




Hi, friends. It's Chris (cdjks) with the first official challenge here at Papertrey Chicks! This week and every first Monday of the month will be an Inspiration & Color Challenge. I found a fun web site for color combinations the other day, and that's where I got this combination. As I worked with it, I found it to be quite a challenge indeed!

My sample card uses the FTL 86 layout from the Clean & Simple blog. A little bit bright, but fun. I'm can't wait to see what you come up with for these colors.



Details: stamps - Guidelines 2, Giga Guidlines, Background Basics: Stars, Women of Life; paper - Soft Stone, Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Spring Moss, Hawaiian Shores; ink - Hawaiian Shores; accessories - circle punches (1 3/4", 1 1/8", 3/4", 1/2"), dimensionals

6 comments:

Mariana on May 3, 2010 at 10:47 AM said...

Well, this is a great challenge, and that website is awesome, thanks for the link! Now I am off to see how to substitute soft stone since I don't have that one, but hey something in my stash is bound to look like it, right??? Or maybe I should just go shopping!!!!

Chris Simon on May 3, 2010 at 11:53 AM said...

Soft Stone is so pale that you could easily substitute any light neutral, such as cream or even white. Or you could go shopping, if that's what makes you happy!

Barbara on May 3, 2010 at 12:02 PM said...

I love this combo, Chris! The wheels are turning ;-)

Barbara on May 4, 2010 at 12:07 PM said...

Oh, and I love your card! Very striking design!

Susan on May 4, 2010 at 2:04 PM said...

Great challenge Chris! I love the layout you chose. Beautiful card!!

Craft Crazy Carrie on May 8, 2010 at 5:59 PM said...

Ok...Susan...you are way ahead of the game!! Two cards already and I'm still searching the corners of my mind to come up with something.

 

Term of Use

Papertrey Chicks Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Blogger Template Gallery Flower Image by Dapino


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates