Sunday, May 16, 2010

Introducing: Mariana


Hola

Hola!
Hi everybody, my name is Mariana, this year I’ll be 40! I am married to my best friend, we met each when we were 8! We have 3 of the most gorgeous but noisy and high maintenance kids you have ever seen, Anna(10), Emilio(5) and Valentina(1), we are from Mexico but have been living in the States for the last 15 years!! I started scrapbooking when I lived in Rochester, NY , but kind of abandoned it; when my daughter was born I took it up again but sporadically, I really got into scrapbooking about 5 years ago and love it! Two years ago a friend invited me to a SU! Stamp camp, for Christmas cards and I loved it; we started a card club, since then most of my cards came from ideas from our demo, just recently started to try and create on my own, I am definitely in search of a style and still feel a bit intimidated, I joined this group in hopes of finding inspiration and motivation although with 3 little ones is sometimes challenging to find the time to be crafty, specially if your baby doesn’t want to nap or naps from 9 to 10 in the morning!!
I confess I was a bit afraid when I visited your blogs thinking, ugh!! I am anywhere close to be as good as this ladies! But I am finding that it can be good, I am looking at cardmaking with new eyes, trying to be more attentive to detail in my cards, to give them that extra wow, I haven’t “got it” yet, but I think I am on my way, so thank you for the push and the inspiration!!
I also have to apologize to you, because after 15 years in the states AND with a daughter in 4th grade I SHOULD know at least a bit of grammar and tenses, but…..sadly I don’t, I confess myself a coma abuser, a tense neglecter and many other crimes against this beautiful language, so please forgive me!!
I am really happy to be part of the Papertrey Chicks, since I found the PTI products I feel like I am closer to find a style, their products are amazing!!
So let's craft together!!
Thanks
Mariana

5 comments:

sillyleann on May 16, 2010 at 7:29 PM said...

It is fun to get to know you a bit. Your English is fine . . . I was an English teacher and still write how I talk (don't tell my students!!). For me, the best part about card making is all the different styles and skills. I am glad you are a part of the group.

Leigh Ann Baird on May 17, 2010 at 11:39 AM said...

Hi Mariana! Maybe I'll learn some spanish from your blog posts! LOL I don't remember much from spanish class!

Jennifer K on May 18, 2010 at 10:51 PM said...

Hi Mariana. It's good to get to know you a bit better. I'm a dual crafter, too - scrapbooking and card making. Glad to have you here. :)

Craft Crazy Carrie on May 20, 2010 at 11:57 AM said...

Hi Mariana! So nice to meet you! I used to scrap--but cards just got in the way!! Yet, now that I have a craft room, it'd make sense to dedicate some of my room to pictures...

Susan on May 21, 2010 at 2:00 PM said...

Mariana, I don't know what you are worried about. You speak perfectly well and your creations are gorgeous!! So nice to "meet" you here. Looking forward to getting to know you better. :)

 

Term of Use

Papertrey Chicks Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Blogger Template Gallery Flower Image by Dapino


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates